Halloween is a great day to make an easy, healthy, tasty meal to balance out all the treats. Today we are offering a White Chili recipe that your whole family will enjoy. It goes great with cornbread. This cornbread recipe is so easy your kids can make it or help you make it. Have you seen the mini loaf pan at Williams Sonoma? We love it as an option for baking cornbread. When we are cooking, it’s always nice to have a fun way to display our recipes. This recipe box from West Elm looks pretty on your kitchen counter and is practical too. We hope you enjoy these recipes and have a Happy Halloween!! To view the winner of the Lulu and Georgia give away go here.
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1. In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder
in oil until chicken is no longer pink.
2. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings.
3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream.
Cornbread Your Kids Can Make With You!
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 egg, slightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Put about 2 tablespoons butter in a square pan and set it in the oven while mixing the batter.
3. Mix the dry ingredients and then add the wet ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
4. Pour batter into hot pan with the melted butter in it.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.