I’ve been preparing for a special occasion with my entire family. We are having a big celebration with family and friends. With a big group like this, I look for recipes that will be a crowd pleaser, but are easy and manageable. I came across this Triple Berry Trifle that is amazing. It’s not only delicious, but it makes a beautiful presentation. If you need a recipe for a great summer desert, this is it. It’s red white and blue colors are even perfect for 4th of July parties and barbecues. See the recipe below. Have a great weekend!
Triple Berry Trifle
Two 3.4 oz packages instant cheesecake flavored pudding mix*
4 cups milk
Angel food cake (about 12 oz), cut into pieces
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup chopped raspberries
12 oz cool whip (or homemade whipped cream)
* Extra berries for decorating – strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
1. Add pudding mix and milk to a large bowl and make according to package directions.
2. Add about half of the angel food cake pieces to the trifle dish.
3. Top with about 1/2 of the prepared pudding.
4. Top pudding with about 1/2 cup of each kind of berry.
5. Top berries with about half of the cool whip.
6. Repeat steps 2-5.
7. Finish off trifle with additional berries on top.
8. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours, until ready to serve.
*could be replaced with vanilla flavored pudding if you can’t find the cheesecake flavored pudding
Recipe via Love Life and Sugar