- A beautiful wood beaded chandelier at an incredible discounted price!
- I love adding new rugs to a kitchen for a pop of color. This blue flower tile print rug is a great deal!
- This brass lantern is beautiful in an entryway and a great value! It’s a substantial show piece!
- New decorative pillows instantly freshen up a space. This purple medallion print pillow caught my eye, and this faded ombre one as well. They are both under $50!
- If you are looking for new barstools these will add texture and warmth to your kitchen.
- Another great rug option, in pink hues, for updating your kitchen or entryway.
- This natural wood mirror is an unexpected color and perfect for a powder room or layered in a gallery wall.
- Add a little color with this blue mid-century table lamp.
- These stripe baskets are great for plant holders or decorative storage.
- This side table is a great way to add a clean, modern element to your bedroom or living space.
It’s fun to dream of the perfect kitchen. We all do it, tearing out images from magazines and pinning inspirations on pinterest. But when it’s time to pull the trigger, sometimes budgets constraints can keep it from happening. Today, I’m sharing a great example of remodeling a kitchen with an upgraded look on an affordable budget.
The first, step was to repaint all the cabinetry white. I used White White Lacquer with no pigment, in a semi-gloss finish . This had such a huge impact on this space. Not only did it make the kitchen look bright and crisp, but it made it feel much larger and more open.
When I was searching for hardware, I looked at ikea. I was able to find great silver pulls there. They had a clean, polished, modern look for an incredible price.
Next, I selected an inexpensive, white subway tile that I found at Home Depot for the backsplash. When you are working with a budget, its a good idea to select timeless elements that won’t need updating.
I knew Carrera marble would be a great choice for this cool toned kitchen. It’s also one of the least expensive marble options (you can view all my tips on picking marble here). I found these beautiful slabs for only $1000. Then, I chose a 3″ mitered edge to make it look thick and substantial. This was money well spent, it really richened up the space, giving it that upgraded look.
Finally, I styled the kitchen with a little warmth from french style cutting boards and wood barstools. I love the pop of yellow from the Le Creuset dutch oven. Sometimes you can get lucky and find one at Homegoods, but I think my favorite element was adding the pink, vintage kilim rug.
What was once a space with honey colored cabinets and white tile counters, became a fresh new affordable white kitchen remodel. I love seeing the transformation of this kitchen. I hope you have enjoyed seeing it as well. Have a great Tuesday!
This summer my everyday outfit usual starts with a pair of flare denim or pants. I love the bohemian style of bells. I’ve been collecting them in a variety of styles: denim, printed, high waist. I love to pair them with a pretty lace or flowy top and I’m good to go.
Below are some great options for denim and flare bottoms. To see my favorite crochet and lace blouses for this season keep scrolling. Have a great evening.
- Novella Royale Bells
- Drapey Free People Flares
- Gold Dahlia Janis Bells
- White High Waist, Distressed Flares
- Marrakesh White Flare Jeans
- Patch Pocket Flares (on sale!)
- Fleetwood Light Wash Flares
- Tie Dye Lounge Pants
- Pull On Flares
Feminine, intricate crochet and lace is a beautiful trend this year. I love how this image from Chloe Pre Fall 2015, mixes florals and lace details. It seems this trend isn’t going anywhere soon.
Lace cover ups are perfect for the beach. I love how this dress is accessorized with a metal belt. This cardigan (similar), seen here paired with denim and on trend lace-up sandals, is a simple update.
Crochet and Lace Picks
- White Crochet One Piece Swimsuit
- Lace Maxi Dress
- Crochet Fringe Bag
- Lace Detail Swing Blouse
- Crochet Dress
- Ombre Round Sunglasses
- Red Lace Swimsuit
- Silver and Zinc Belt
- Free People Open Waters Dress
- Crochet Detail Top
- Turquoise and Silver Ring
All sources for the images used in this post can be seen here.
I’ve been preparing for a special occasion with my entire family. We are having a big celebration with family and friends. With a big group like this, I look for recipes that will be a crowd pleaser, but are easy and manageable. I came across this Triple Berry Trifle that is amazing. It’s not only delicious, but it makes a beautiful presentation. If you need a recipe for a great summer desert, this is it. It’s red white and blue colors are even perfect for 4th of July parties and barbecues. See the recipe below. Have a great weekend!
Triple Berry Trifle
Two 3.4 oz packages instant cheesecake flavored pudding mix*
4 cups milk
Angel food cake (about 12 oz), cut into pieces
1 cup chopped strawberries
1 cup blueberries
1 cup chopped raspberries
12 oz cool whip (or homemade whipped cream)
* Extra berries for decorating – strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
1. Add pudding mix and milk to a large bowl and make according to package directions.
2. Add about half of the angel food cake pieces to the trifle dish.
3. Top with about 1/2 of the prepared pudding.
4. Top pudding with about 1/2 cup of each kind of berry.
5. Top berries with about half of the cool whip.
6. Repeat steps 2-5.
7. Finish off trifle with additional berries on top.
8. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours, until ready to serve.
*could be replaced with vanilla flavored pudding if you can’t find the cheesecake flavored pudding
Recipe via Love Life and Sugar