We love how Brittany at The House that Lars Built has made our dining room space design ready for Valentine’s Day. This DIY for a Scandinavian branch tree is so charming and whimsical you might have to find a new spot for it after the holiday is over. For a full tutorial on this how to make this easy DIY Valentine’s Day Tree see below.
- Various shades of pink and red papers. I added in some pink vellum and glitter paper.
- Pink and white baker’s twine
- White vase or pitcher (find a similar one here)
- White spray paint
- Clip on birds
- Heart punch
- Spray paint the branches white and let it dry.
- Follow the instructions here to make the 3D paper hearts below
- Make a hook on the edge by tying the end of it.
- Put the dry branches in a vase and spread them out.
- Hang the hearts from the branches
- Clip the birds from the branches
- Once you’ve punched out all your hearts, cut from the bottom of the heart 1/2″ and another heart from the top of the middle of the heart about the same length.
- Slide a piece of twine from the bottom of the incised heart.
- Tie the twine at the top of the heart. Leave a few inches at the top to be able to hang it on the branches.
- Insert the second heart piece from the bottom so that it forms the heart shape.